WHAT THE PROCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Step 1: Fill out interest and applications with your other prospective founders, prospective president interviews with the National Staff (varies, typically 1-2 weeks)
- Step 2: Recruit other founders, aim to submit at least 15 Statements of Faith, begin meeting, have a group interview with National Council, and gain colony recognition from AGO National Leadership (varies, typically 1-4 months)
- Step 3: Initial founders host recruitment events to add more founders, after which all colony members complete the founding process together and are invited to informal initiation (8-10 weeks)
- Step 4: After the founding process is completed, and approved by National Council, founders who have completed the founding process are to hold their first rush in the semester following their founding semester (1 week)
- Step 5: Upon successful completion of first rush and vote of approval by National Council, the colony will begin a pledge process for their new members (8-10 weeks).
- Step 6: Upon successful completion of initiation for new members, and an approval vote from National Council, colony will be recognized as an official chapter of Alpha Gamma Omega.
To express your interest and get the ball rolling, please contact us, at [email protected]
Please download and read the Colonization Overview PDF document and submit the Phase 1 Document via e-mail to the address above.