AGO MINISTRIES MISSION
The purpose AGO Ministries (AGOm) is to help provide AGO men with opportunities to serve people in need and to share the Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Our hope is that all of our members gain the experience of planning and preparing for such ministry work, to become men who send others or go themselves on missions and service projects throughout their lives.
In accordance with our mission statement, the board members of AGOm have chosen to focus its financial resources on short-term ministry projects, to provide as many men as possible with opportunities to engage in missions and services projects while they are in college.
Examples of projects that can be funded by AGOm
- Short term missions trips sponsored by missions organizations (e.g. summer missions projects or 1-year projects with ministries like Cru, InterVarsity, Navigators, etc.)
- Short term missions or service trips sponsored by AGO chapters (e.g. foreign or domestic house-building projects, service projects with orphanages, etc.)
- Ministry projects sponsored by AGO chapters on their campuses (e.g. service projects for or with local churches, Water on the Row, BBQ ministries, homeless ministries, or other projects that could provide opportunities to support ministry work or to share the gospel.)
Examples of projects that are not funded by AGOm
- Training for ministry
- Financial support for ministry or church staff
- Fundraising for guest speakers, concerts, worship events, or other similar events
- Going to seminary or other training