To get the ball rolling, please contact Owen Welch, at [email protected]
WHAT DOES STARTING A CHAPTER ENTAIL?
- Step 1: Interest and applications from prospective founders, prospective president interviews with the National President (varies, typically 1-2 weeks)
- Step 2: Recruit other founders, submit at least 15 Statements of Faith, begin meeting, have a group interview with National Council, and gain colony recognition from the AGO national organization (varies, typically 1-4 months)
- Step 3: Initial founders host recruitment events to recruit more founders, after which all colony members complete the pledge process together and are invited to informal initiation (8-10 weeks)
- Step 4: After the pledge process is completed, and approved by nationals, founders who have completed the pledge process are to hold their first rush in the semester following their pledge semester (1 week)
- Step 5: Upon successful completion of first rush and vote of approval of nationals, the colony will begin a pledge process for their new members (8-10 weeks).
- Step 6: Upon successful completion of initiation for new members, and an approval vote from nationals, colony will be recognized as an official chapter of Alpha Gamma Omega.